
I started tweeting literally the day before our Journalism 111 class started. I was so flippin’ confused on how to use it at the beginning, but this past week I have been tweeting my brains out. I love the fact that you can connect it to anything and everything. I get Twitter updates to my phone, which has been extremely useful. For Example, I was headed down to Seattle this weekend and received an update from KRKO 1380 about a terrible accident. So, plans changed, which is ok, better than driving 35 miles for nothing. As a journalist I think Twitter is exceptionally useful by directing individuals to my blog. As I said before Twitter connects you to so many opportunities. Once I tweet people on Facebook can see what is going on, people following on my website http://www.fightforlyfe.com get info, and people strictly following my blog are updated. In overall generality I think Twitter is useful to get word out quick without having to wait for newspapers to be printed or for the news to bring their story together. Twitter is definitely a new addiction ;).

Question, though: Will you still go to the news site to read the whole story? Will the Tweets take you there? Will they alert you when the news is finally all pulled together? Have you seen an increase in traffic to your site once you started Tweeting?
ReplyDeleteHonestly I don't read the news online, If I did read it, it would be in the Times on my table the next morning. The tweets will take me to the site if I post a link, otherwise it will be just general information. When the news is all pulled together they won't necessarily alert me, that's based strictly on the company though. For Example, Kiro 7 is one I recently added, they are very detailed and update me every 20 minutes, give or take. I haven't seen a huge increase on my website yet, but this is mainly because I am an HTML newbie. I honestly feel that once I amp my site up and put more effort into it, I will be able to keep my site fairly busy :).
ReplyDelete