Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Next-Gen exposed by Chen


Apple has been expanding and taking over the world with all of there incredible technological advancements. But, why is Co-owner Steve Jobs so heated, so incredibly irate, that he could breathe fire out of his mouth at this point in time? It was the work of one man, Jason Chen. Keith Olbermann's video really got me tangled in a very twisty turvy spiral. I agree that Chen is a journalist and therefore should be protected by the laws set forth by the state of California. After seeing Chen's house busted into and utterly destroyed, made me sick to my stomach. I feel you can get your point across in a much more effective and less violent mannerism. So, in this aspect of the case I will stand by Chen, the property was his and violating his home and items he worked hard to get was wrong on the police departments thinking. However, when it comes to ethics, I believe Chen worked as an unethical human being. The right thing to do when finding a lost item not owned by you is to simply turn it in. Instead, Chen was money hungry and was able to make more than a pretty penny for his discovered piece of gold. The report defending Chen had a lot of good aspects in which the rights of the journalists shield law, stating that journalists have the right to not share sources for the sake of the people and/or cleanliness of the story, are represented. Overall,I think this situation deals more with the money aspect just like everything else in the world. Chen is being frowned upon because he took a bribe, however, as unethical as that may have been the laws defending journalists seem to hold more true than a simple signed note.

No comments:

Post a Comment